Populi's mobile apps for iOS and Android let you "check in" for course attendance by using your phone's Bluetooth beacon function.
1. Get the app!
- Get the iOS app at the Apple App Store. The Populi app works on devices running iOS 9.0 or later.
- Get the Android app on Google Play. The app works on devices running Android 6.0 or later.
2. Allow location access
Populi uses your phone's Bluetooth radio to detect your instructor's own Bluetooth-enabled devices running a Populi mobile app. In order to do this, you need to grant the app access to your phone's location.
- When you first log in to the app, you'll be asked to allow Populi to access your location while you're using the app. Tap Allow to permit this.
- iOS will also ask you if you would like to make data available to nearby devices even when not using the app. Again, tap Allow.
- You can allow/disable this access at any time using your phone's settings:
- In iOS, go to Settings > Privacy > Location and find the Populi app in the list.
- In Android, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is set to On.
3. Go to class
All you need to do now is show up to your class (with your phone, of course!).
- Your professor starts the Bluetooth attendance beacon on his device.
- Open the app on your phone (log in if necessary).
- The app dashboard will show you an Attendance Check-in button.
- Tap the button. Provided you're in proximity to the professor's device, the app will record your attendance.
when i attempted to download this app,it would not allow me to because it said in red letters at the top of the screen
Could not find account with that URL.
attempted to enter familyoffaith and familyoffaithchristianuniversity
I just downloaded the app. At the beginning it asks you to put in the name of your school. I have tried several different variations of the school name and it will not allow me to enter the app. It says could not find account with that URL. There is no instruction on this part of the process on this tutorial.
Thank you Ariel, I thought I was the only one !
I found out that you need to type faithglobal before populiweb for it to work
Sounds like we may need this in the future.
The Android app isn't working. As others gave said in other comments, the App dies NOT ALLOW one to enter any text when it opens. Then it gives the error message: Can"t find that url....
Thus means the app is useless, since no one can sign in!!
I am an online student!