In this article, you'll learn how to use the Student View in your courses.
What is the Student view?
Student view lets the course's faculty (and teaching assistants, if any) to see exactly how the course—content, materials, navigation, etc.—appears to students. This lets you see the course from the student perspective without having to use a test student or a separate login. The view comes in handy when you want to see how exactly a lesson appears or perhaps to troubleshoot why students can't view a test—among many other things!
Using the Student View
- On any page of your course, click and select View course as student.
- When you do this, the navigation options on the sidebar will change, the page appearance will adjust, and you will be added to the course Roster as a test student.
- Additionally, a toolbar will appear at the bottom of the page with a few options:
- Enrolled/Auditor: Toggle between viewing the course as an enrolled or auditing student.
- Clear progress: This clears out any lesson progress, assignment submissions, tests, grades, and attendance from the course.
- Exit & Remove Test Student: This sends you back to the regular view of the course and deletes the test student from the roster (this also deletes any progress the student has made).
- Exit: This sends you back to the course but leaves the test student on the Roster. This way, you can retain the test student's progress while going back to the course to add new content, materials, etc.