Features & Improvements
Upgraded admissions applicationsare now out of beta: if you can read this, your school has them! Big stuff includes conditional fields, pages, and a variety of other upgrades (some are listed below). You'll notice most of the changes when you're designing applications (though the improvements are by no means limited to that task). Some of the new features:
- Conditional fields and pages appear to the applicant after they provide a particular answer to a previous question.
- Pages let you organize your application into smaller, more manageable chunks.
- Hidden fields, concealed from the applicant, are visible to Admissions staff for your internal use.
- New field input types: signature, multiple file upload, and likert, as well as linked financial aid fields.
- Behind the scenes, applications are built upon our new data model for Forms, which enables all the new stuff we've done and lets us use more modern code for this intensively-used part of Populi.
Populi comes with some baked-in financial aid types, but our Canadian schools need to be able to pluck them out like raisins from an oatmeal cookie. So you now have the ability to retire those aid types. Our U.S. schools probably won't make use of this feature; in the world of this metaphor, that's because lots of U.S. schools like raisins. Which is unfortunate—raisins are disgusting. The only proper destiny for a grape is to be smashed so its juices may be ignited by the yeast on the skin and transmogrify into wine. Not to be dessicated into a little black fruit corpse that unimaginative bakers sociopathically inflict upon a hapless cookie-crunching public.
Anyway, in case you missed it, you can retire built-in aid types like Pell Grants now.
We found something wrong in a couple of the in-Populi links to our Knowledge Base articles, so we found them and updated them and fixed them and dealt with them.
Videos and Focus Sessions
Next week's Focus Sessions aaaarrrrrre:
- Fall in love with GPA's and transcripts all over again with Introduction to Academics, which covers setting up academic years, terms, programs, degrees, the course catalog, course instances, enrollment, and so on. This will be most useful to Registrar and Academic Admin users. It's scheduled for February 14th, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time.
- Introduction to Admissions will no doubt touch upon the application upgrades, while also alighting upon topics like application settings, designing your application, processing applications, managing leads and so on. This will be most useful to Admissions and Admissions Admin users. It's scheduled for February 16th, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time.