Features & Improvements
We've made some updates to the text messaging infrastructure in Populi to improve deliverability (that's not a real word; why did I use it? to save space?) and help our customers comply with some telecom industry regulations. This announcement has the details.
Over in Communications > Templates, you can now clone Email, Letter, and To-do Templates; you can also create categories to help organize them. Then if you trot over to Print Layouts, you'll find that you can now sort them.
There's a new layer to course delivery methods: you can now specify it for individual students.
- On Profile > Student > Student Info, you use the new Student Type field to specify the delivery methods a student can use. The two methods are Campus and Online.
- For each method, you can specify whether the student can enroll in or audit (or both or neither) courses.
- On the Profile > Registration view, the student will only see courses with matching delivery methods; the registration options for that student will match what is set in the Student Type field.
- The Course > Roster view lets you filter the student list by delivery method.
- Courses now have options for multiple delivery methods.
- Among other things, this allows instructors to conduct courses with a mix of On-Campus and Online students; you can also use these settings to restrict Online students from registering for Campus-only courses.
- All students are currently set to allow both Enrolling and Auditing for both Online and On-Campus courses. You can change this for individual students by editing Student Info.
The Feedback options for online tests now permit you reveal your feedback to students after the Course End Date. We've also loosened these settings enough so that if you want to "un-reveal" the feedback after a certain point, you can just flip the setting over at any time.
There's a new Show Failure for Non-attendance alerts to faculty setting.
You can now edit credits/hours for Incomplete or Withdrawn (after add-drop date) students on the Course Roster.
Some improvements for how Populi automatically withdraws a student if he fails a prereq course:
- The new Automatic Withdrawals for Failing Prerequisites setting in Academics > Settings > General Settings.
- New filter conditions in the Enrollments report: Automatically Removed At and Automatically Removed From. (These need to be paired with the existing Include Dropped Students and Include Deleted Students filter conditions.)
Speaking of the Enrollments report, it has a new Include Waitlisted Students filter condition and a new Waiting option under the Status filter condition. So now you can see waitlisted students in the Enrollments report.
Over in Financialaidland, we added ISAG, FSEOG, and FWS awards to the list of awards students can authorize to be used for aid-ineligible charges.
The Account > Backups page is now paginated and has filters.
Library resources no longer prepend the resource type to the title—so, gone are the days of stuff like BOOK: 101 Silly Animal Jokes for Kids or BOOK: 101 Silly Animal Jokes for Kids: A Critical Appreciation on the 50th Anniversary of the Landmark Release.
We also shoved the replacement price further down the page.
Populi is perfect just the way it is. This week at any rate.
Videos and Focus Sessions
- We'll be Introducing Degree Audits by covering programs, degree requirements, course groups, course mapping, exceptions, transcripts and so on. This will be most useful to Academic Admin and Registrar users. It's scheduled for April 18th, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time.
- And then we'll Introduce Financial Aid by looking at setting up financial aid settings, awards, packaging aid, disbursements, aid applications and so on. This will be most useful to Financial Aid and Financial Admin users. It's scheduled for April 20th, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time.