Features & Improvements
The new Populi API is now out of beta! We first released it several months back so some early adopters could put it through its paces, give us feedback, and unearth a few bugs. And it's now ready for primetime! A few things...
- Here's the documentation for the new API.
- If you haven't already, join Populi's Discord server and partake in the API forum there (to request an invitation, contact Populi Support).
- The old API has now been deprecated. That means that the only further updates it will receive will be to resolve security issues. And it also means there's a ticking clock: at some point in the future (we'll let you know when we decide upon a date—it'll be awhile from now), we're gonna shut it down. So put it on your roadmap to update your integrations and web apps to use the new API.
Fixed an issue with mobile app logins for schools that change their Populi URLS (e.g.
The character-counter on Campus Notifications wasn't countin' so good, so we took it to school.
Videos and Focus Sessions
Next week we're gonna focus our sessions on:
- Introduction to the Degree Audit, a leisurely stroll through programs, degree requirements, course groups, course mapping, exceptions, transcripts and so on. This will be most useful to Academic Admin and Registrar users. It's scheduled for August 22nd, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time.
- Introduction to Financial Aid, a pleasant amble alongside financial aid settings, awards, packaging aid, disbursements, aid applications and so on. This will be most useful to Financial Aid and Financial Admin users. It's scheduled for August 24th, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time.