Features & Improvements
Room Plans and Rooms have been re-worked a little. Used to be that a room could only be associated with one, single plan. But now, you give a room a default plan, but a student can have any plan you want to give them regardless of which room you assign them.
A few new things for email:
- You can now schedule any email to be sent at a particular time up to one year in the future. This applies to individual one-off emails and emails for mailing lists and one-time lists.
- In your personal account settings, we've renamed Sent Messages to My Messages, which includes any scheduled emails that haven't gone out yet.
- Mailing Lists have a new Scheduled view that lets you view, edit, or delete scheduled messages.
Do you just hate that your students can view the course roster (however attenuated their abilities on that page)? If so, there's a new Roster setting on the Course > Settings view that lets you hide it from them.
If you marked a library resource as Lost, there was no way to then mark it available in case you, say, found it somewhere. Now you can do that!
The Aging report in Billing replaced the 121+ Days bucket with new buckets for 121-180 Days, 181-360 Days, and 361+ Days.
Federal Work Study aid types that are set to Report as: Federal Work Study are now required to have an associated asset account in order to create the award and post disbursements. This allows non-Title IV schools with institutional work study awards the flexibility to either cut a check to the student or apply it to their accounts.
Donation pages now let you specify what combination of funds the donor may choose from to donate to.
You can now apply late fees to regular invoices. Set up your late fees in the new Billing > Settings > Due Dates view and watch the penalty dollars roll in like an ocean tide!
Added more sorting options to the Course > Discussions view.
Some random arcane stuff was fixed that caused minor one-off errors for this school or that one (stuff like the integration log showing the wrong times for a data sync, et. al., or enrollment agreements duplicating charges if the stars were aligned and the school was using Superterms). I won't bore you with any of that.
Videos and Focus Sessions and Whatnot
Updated our Terms of Service to include the new Section 11: Governmentwide Suspension and Debarment Certification, which is just one of those proverbial i's we determined we ought to dot.
Next week's Focus Sessions would like to make some introductions for you...
- Introduction to Billing: Learn about pending charges, invoices, transactions, payments/credits, tuition schedules, fees and so on. This will be most useful to Financial Admin and Student Billing users. It's scheduled for October 31st, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time. Spooktacular!
- Introduction to Degree Audit: Hear about programs, degree requirements, course groups, course mapping, exceptions, transcripts and so on. This will be most useful to Academic Admin and Registrar users. It's scheduled for November 2nd, 2023, 11:00 AM Pacific time.