This article covers how Canadian schools can issue tax receipts for donations.
Receipt Print Layout
Populi has a built-in print layout for Canadian donation receipts. If you'd like a custom print layout, contact Populi Support and we'll get to work on that for you.
To issue a receipt for a donation, the donation must be linked to a person. Once that's done, you can issue and print receipts in two spots:
On the Donations report, you can issue receipts in bulk.
- First, filter the report if necessary; you may want to slim it down to show donations from a particular time period, for example. To use the receipting feature, the report needs to show no more than 1,000 donations.
- Click Actions and select Issue Tax Receipts.
- If there are multiple donations from an individual donor, all of those donations will be bundled on the same receipt.
- Perhaps this is obvious, but if your report shows any already-receipted donations, they will not be included in the process.
- Select a layout and file format.
- Click Issue and Print to create the receipts. It may take a little while to create the receipts if you're working with a lot of donations.
- When you view the report again, you'll see a column for receipt numbers. Click the number to print a fresh receipt.
On individual donation pages, you can issue tax receipts for just that one, single donation. You can also re-issue receipts in case key information (donor address, CRA number, etc.) has changed.
- Scroll to the bottom of the donation page to the Receipt panel.
- Click Issue Receipt.
- Select a layout and format.
- Click Issue and Print to create the receipts.