In this article, you'll learn how to manage the news items that appear on users' Home > Dashboard views.
The Manage News view on the Populi > Home page is available to anyone with the Staff role. It shows a table of all news items together with pertinent information (author, date published, etc.).
- Delete a news item by clicking . Before deleting, make sure you wouldn't rather un-publish the item (see below).
- To view, edit, or change settings for a news item, click its title.
Adding (and editing) news items
The instructions below work for adding and editing news items.
- Click Add news to create a new item, or click a title to edit an item.
- Enter a title and compose your post. Use the WYSIWYG to format your post and add links and images.
- Choose your publication settings:
- You can publish immediately ( Yes), un-publish ( No), or set the item to publish at a certain time.
- Pinned items remain at the top of the Feed until the date you enter. (You might consider adding links instead of news items for certain things—for example, an online form you want students to fill out.)
- Do you want to allow users to add comments and likes?
- News items are visible to everyone unless you select specific roles or campuses. Choose where and to whom you'd like to publish this item.
- Attach files if you like—these can be downloaded by anyone who can view the item!
The news item will appear on the Home > Dashboard view for the users to whom you've made it visible