Staff users can post News items to The Feed on user's Home pages. News items are sensitive to user roles. For instance, if a Faculty member logged in, items marked out for Faculty would display on the Home page; if a Student logged in, those Faculty items wouldn’t display—only items marked as viewable by Students. Once in The Feed, users can publicly comment on the article.
On your Home page, click Manage News. All current and historical news items (that haven't been deleted) list in a table ordered by Publish Time.
Adding a News Item
Click Add Article.
Type or copy/paste the title and content. Use the formatting bar to insert images, embed links, format text, and more. Embed videos hosted on YouTube or Vimeo by copying and pasting the video's URL (NOT the embed code!) right in the body of the text.
Under Publication Settings, select whether to...
- Publish immediately (Yes)
- Save the article for later (No)
- Queue it for later publishing (At Time). If you choose to queue it, enter the date and/or time you wish it to enter The Feed.
Do you want to Pin the article?
- If you select No, the article will "slide" down the Feed as newer articles and activities are posted to user's Feeds.
- If you select Yes, the article will stay at the top of The Feed until you manually change this setting.
- If you select Until Date, the article will remain pinned to the top of the Feed until the date and/or time you enter here.
Under Visibility, select the Roles you wish this article be visible to and click Add. If you don't make any selections, the article will be visible to every user.
Finally, click Save News to post or queue the article.
Editing and Deleting
Edit an article by clicking a News title. Make your changes and click Save to commit them.
Delete an article by clicking next to the article you wish to remove. Doing so permanently removes the Article from everyone's Feed!