You've just gotten started. We've just turned on your instance of Populi. Here's how to get the rest of the way there...
Here are some things you can do to make sure your institution gets up and running smoothly.
- Read and understand the Populi Terms of Service.
- Make sure all of your staff have access to Populi and that they have the appropriate user roles. User roles determine what a user can do once they are in Populi. Review the video on Adding New Users if you haven't already, and take a look at User Roles: A Descriptive List to get an idea of what each role can do.
- Make sure all of your users visit New to Populi? Start here. This article explains how training works and links people directly to the articles they need to get started. If you have to, copy the link to the page and send it to people directly so that its easy to access.
- Encourage staff to use the checklists located in the "Getting started" forums (here is an example from Academics). The checklists provide an easy way for staff to keep tabs on where they are at in the setup process, and give you an at-a-glance look at how well you are progressing towards being fully up and running.
- Review the appropriate channels for contacting the Populi Support team with your users so that they know how to get in touch with us.
- Add our SPF record to your domain and make sure that staff have school email addresses listed on their Populi accounts.