Student Fields are custom information fields that let you track additional information about your students. These fields are available in the Profile's Student tab under Student Information and for reporting in the Data Slicer.
It is best not to use custom information fields for information that Populi already tracks. This results in duplicate, inconsistent, and/or missing information. Only create a custom field once you are sure Populi's standard fields cannot store the information you need!
Custom Information Fields
You create custom Student fields in Academics > Settings > Student Fields.
Adding a New Field
Get started by clicking Add Field.
Select the Input. Your options are:
- Integer or Decimal: Integer creates a number-entry field. Decimal creates a number-entry field that accepts decimals. These inputs reject regular text—letters and punctuation.
- Text: Creates a 255-character text-entry field that accepts letters, numbers, and punctuation.
- Select: Creates a list of options to choose from a drop-down menu. Type the options in the Value field and click Add to list them.
- Date, Date/Time: Time creates Populi's standard month, day, and year fields. Date and Time includes an additional standard time field.
- Checkbox: Creates a list of options. Checkbox lists let you select one or more options from a list. Type the options in the Value field and click Add to list them.
- Radio: Creates a list of options. Radio lists let you select only one option from a list. Type the options in the Value field and click Add to list them.
- File: Creates a custom file upload space.
- Text Area: Creates a 5,000-character text-entry field that accepts letters, numbers, and punctuation.
Is this an optional field? Check if so.
Type the Name (15 character-limit, including spaces), Description, and finally click Save to finish.
If you need to make any changes a field, click its name to edit it or Delete it. If you delete a field, if you've entered any information for it, you will lose it all!