The Faculty role gives a user the ability to run all aspects of the courses for which she is listed as Faculty (same with the Teaching Assistant role). There are two exceptions to this access:
- They cannot modify basic course information (e.g. abbreviation, description, credits, etc.).
- They cannot unfinalize courses.
To get your faculty users ready to run courses in Populi...
- Find the profile of the person who needs the faculty role. If you can't find her, you may need to add a new person.
- Follow the instructions in this article to add the Faculty and/or Teaching Assistant roles to the user.
- On her Profile > Info tab, make sure you have a valid email address entered for her.
- Grant her user access to Populi.
- Set up course instances (which is covered in the next step.
- Direct these users to the faculty articles.