If your school has set up online payments in Populi, you can pay your tuition, fees, and other charges using a credit card and/or electronic check. Here's how to do that:
How to know if you need to make a payment
If you need to make a payment, you'll see notices in two places:
- When you log in to Populi, you'll see an alert right on your Home page if you have an upcoming or overdue invoice. Click the alert to go to the payment page (described below).
- On My Profile > Financial > Dashboard, you'll see a list of unpaid invoices and your Pay Now amount. Click Make a Payment to go to the payment page.
The Payment Page
The payment page collects the usual billing information from you so your school can process your payment.
- Enter the requested information accurately and completely. If you don't, your payment probably won't go through!
- If your school gives you the option, make sure you select the correct payment method from the drop-down (Electronic Check or Credit Card).
- The Payment Amount field is auto-filled with your Pay Now amount. If you wish to pay a different amount, do so by entering the new amount.
- Your school may charge a convenience fee for credit card payments. If it does, you'll see the total amount shown in the Your card will be charged... notice.
- When you're ready, click Pay Now. Once you do this, your payment will be submitted and you'll be taken to a printable receipt page.
Someone else paying?
If someone else is paying your bill, you can share a link to your payment page with them.
- On My Profile > Financial > Dashboard under Pay Now—OR, on the payment page—click Someone else paying?
- A link to the payment page will appear.
- Copy and paste the link and share it with the person who'll be paying your bill.
- The link takes them to the payment page and will work for them the same way it works for you.