Application fees are cool, but you know what's cooler? The ability to waive the application fee! Here's how you do that.
First, set up the application fee
In order to be able to waive the application fee, you need to set it up properly on the application's settings.
- Go to Admissions > Settings > Application Forms. Select the application you want to work with.
- In the right column under the application's Settings, click Fee to edit the fee's details.
- After selecting the fee and verifying the amount, make sure you set the fee to Require payment before application is Submitted.
- Don't forget to Save!
Now, when you want to waive the fee...
After the applicant starts his application and you want to waive the fee, here's what you do.
1. Go to the application. In the right column of the application screen next to the unpaid fee, click Enter payment.
2. In the Fee Payment dialog, select Waive Fee as the Payment Method.
3. Once you Save, the fee will show as Waived in the application's Info and the applicant will see that it has been waived at the end of his application.