In this article you'll learn how to set up your applications to collect information that you can easily import to the student's profile.
- You can set up application fields to connect applicant answers to built-in and custom fields in Populi.
- Course of study information from the Inquiry form, online application form, or Lead Info can also be imported when you accept the application.
Application field setup
When designing your application, there are a couple options for connecting the applicant's response to a built-in field in Populi.
1. Link to existing field
- When adding a new application field, click Yes next to Link to an existing field?
- Select which field the Answer updates. You can choose one of your existing info fields—including custom info fields, Lead Info like Ed. Level, certain student info fields, and others.
- When you Save the field, the application will now ask the applicant for the information the same way it would ask it of you. For example, Race/Ethnicity asks for that info using the standard reporting options, address fields require a properly-formatted address, and so on.
2. Choose from a list
- When adding a new application field, select Choose from a list as the answer type.
- You can make a custom list or, select from a standard, pre-populated list of answers. For example, you can ask for Degree or Specialization, or standard reporting items like Race/Ethnicity or Country.
- When you Save, just as with the Link to existing field option, the application will ask the applicant for the information the same way it would ask it of you...
Accepting the application
Information from such fields will get pulled from the application into the applicant's profile in one of two ways:
- You accept the applicant's response.
- You accept the application.
Set an application field to Accepted
In this example, Brynn submitted a phone number that's linked to the Home Phone field on the profile. When you set that field to accepted, Populi will kick it right over to her profile without you having to do anything else—whether or not you end up admitting her as a student.
When you accept the application
When you set the application status to Accepted, you'll be given options to import their Course of Study and Entrance Term info gathered from the application. If you haven't already accepted individual fields, any application fields linked to profile fields will automatically be imported into the profile.