After setting up your application, you can embed the initial form on your school’s website or any other web-based property—say, an HTML-based email newsletter. This initial form should be considered a "gateway" to the rest of the application. It collects just enough information from the applicant to create a lead and give you enough contact info to reach out to him if he doesn’t end up submitting the full application. After submitting this initial form, the applicant is taken to the main application form.
- In order to embed an initial form, that application must be Published.
- There are two kinds of embed codes:
- The code for all applications, which lets applicants select any of your online forms.
- The code for an individual form.
Getting the embed code
To get the code for all applications:
- Go to Admissions > Settings > Application Forms.
- In the right column, click Get embed code.
- Select the code you're after—you can get one for All application forms or select one for an individual published application.
- Select the source.
- Click the code field to highlight the code.
- Copy the code and paste it into your website editor.
To get the code for an individual application:
- Click the form's name to go to its page.
- At the bottom of the right column, you'll find the embed code—provided the application has been Published! Copying the code works the same as described above.
Using the code in your website
A few things to keep in mind:
- Have someone familiar with your school's website include the iframe in the site's code.
- In Admissions > Settings > Other Settings you can enter Custom CSS to make the Populi form's appearance match the rest of your site.