Application questions let you and the applicant communicate about any aspect of the application process. Normally, the applicant will ask you questions, but you can also initiate a question yourself.
Application questions consist of a subject and a question—basically, they're just like an email.
- They have three statuses:
- Awaiting applicant response: You're waiting to hear back from the applicant
- Awaiting admissions response: You need to get back to the applicant
- Solved: The question has been answered or you've come to some other resolution of the issue
- Each question gets its own page. In the main column you can see the most recent comment, an area to write a reply and update the status, and a complete comment history.
- Question comments can be either seen by the applicant or for internal use only.
To ask a question of the applicant...
- Go to the application.
- Click the Questions view.
- Click Ask a question in the right column.
- Enter a subject and type your question or comments.
- If you like, you can attach a file.
- Click Submit to create the question. It will be emailed to the applicant.
Once a question has been submitted—whether by you or by the applicant—you can find it in several places:
- The main Admissions Dashboard, which you can filter to show questions connected to specific representatives
- Admissions > Applications > Questions
- On the application's Questions view (see above)
- If you're the applicant's representative, you'll also receive it via email (if no representative is assigned, then all Admissions users will get the email)
Responding to questions in Populi
- Enter your comment.
- Selection the question Status:
- Applicant can see this comment: Check this to email the comment to the applicant, together with any attached files. Leave this unchecked to hide the comment/files from the applicant; it will only be visible to Admissions staff.
- Attach files: If you attach files, they'll be emailed as attachments to the applicant (if you make the comment visible to the applicant). Otherwise, they'll just be appended to the question's comment history.
- When you're done, click Submit.
Responding via email
When you receive an application question via email, you can update it just by replying to it.
- Everything you enter above the "## To respond…" line will be sent to the applicant and included as a comment in the question's history.
- After you send the email, the question's status will be set to Awaiting applicant response(you can't set a question to Solved via email).
What do applicants see?
- Applicants can ask questions by going to their application and clicking the Ask a question button at the top of the screen.
- Applicants can submit new comments, attach files, and mark questions Solved.
- They can also add new comments by replying to the email they receive when you enter new comments (works the same for them as it does for you).