Inquiry forms are embeddable forms you can include in any kind of web property—your website, an email newsletter, Facebook page, and so on. You can link them to different lead sources and use custom CSS to make them match the look and feel of your own site. You can also just use the form as-is... but it's definitely gonna be more useful to your overall admissions strategy if you embed it in another page.
When entering settings in Admissions > Settings > Inquiries, you'll be determining the various ways you'll be able to use your inquiry forms to collect information.
- Inquiry forms include a visual captcha panel that appears only when there is a suspicious level of traffic hitting a particular form. The vast majority of times, your inquiries will not see it.
- Select one of your Lead Sources from the drop-down. If you're collecting field of study information from the Inquiry form (see below), select a Program as well.
- When you do that, the embed code in the text area will modify itself to reflect your selections.
- Copy and paste the embed code into the html of the page in which you'd like to include the form.
- You can also preview the form by clicking the link below the text area.
By default, the inquiry form includes fields for first and last name, email address, phone, and a brief message. Check Yes to include fields for street, city, state/province, and country.
Course of study
Check Yes to include fields for degree, specialization, and the academic term the inquirer wishes to begin attending. The academic terms available to inquirers will be the same ones you've listed for your application forms(so if you haven't listed any terms for your applications, inquirers will not be able to pick an academic term on the inquiry form).
Enter CSS in the text area to give the inquiry form (including the inquiry message page... see below) a similar look and feel to the website in which you're embedding it. This setting will affect how your form looks and functions, so make sure you double-check your code before putting it out there!
Enter a brief message. When the inquirer submits the form, this message will display. Something brief and friendly works—e.g. Thanks for inquiring! We'll be in touch with you soon to answer your questions...
Inquiry form redirect
After submitting the form, the inquirer is taken to a built-in Thank You page (which displays whatever you've entered in the Inquiry Message setting. You can also redirect the inquirer to another web page. Enter the URL of the page to which you'd like to send the inquirer, and after seeing the inquiry message, he'll be taken to the URL you enter here.