Custom admissions fields let you track additional information about your Leads. Add them to Leads on Profile > Admissions >Custom Info. After adding it to a lead, it will be available in the various reports in Admissions.
Don't use custom fields to record information that Populi already tracks. This results in duplicate, inconsistent, and/or missing information. Only create a custom field once you are sure Populi's standard fields cannot store the information you need!
Adding a new field
To get started, go to Admissions > Settings > Admissions Fields.
- Click Add field.
- Select the Input. Your options are:
- Integer or Decimal: Integer creates a number-entry field. Decimal creates a number-entry field that accepts decimals. These inputs reject regular text—letters and punctuation.
- Text: Creates a 255-character text-entry field that accepts letters, numbers, and punctuation.
- Select: Creates a list of options to choose from a drop-down menu. Type the options in the Value field and click Add to list them.
- Date, Date/Time: Time creates Populi's standard month, day, and year fields. Date and Time includes an additional standard time field.
- Checkbox: Creates a list of options. Checkbox lists let you select one or more options from a list. Type the options in the Value field and click Add to list them.
- Radio: Creates a list of options. Radio lists let you select only one option from a list. Type the options in the Value field and click Add to list them.
- File/Multiple Files: Creates a custom file upload space.
- Text Area: Creates a 5,000-character text-entry field that accepts letters, numbers, and punctuation.