In this article, you'll learn how to set up recurring payments. (If you want to set up recurring donations, read this article.)
Step one: set up a payment gateway
If you need more detailed instructions for this step, have a look at this article.
- Go to Financial > Settings > Payment Gateways.
- Click Add a payment gateway.
- Select a provider.
- If you select Stripe, click Connect to Stripe. Fill in the signup form (or log in with an existing Stripe account). Once you save, it will automatically connect to Populi.
- If you select Authorize.net, enter the Login and Transaction Key they sent you after your account was approved.
Step two: select your gateway Uses
Under __ Transactions, you can specify which payment gateway you wish to use for different kinds of online payments.
- Click the Tuition & Fees use name to select a gateway for it .
- Select the gateway you wish to use for each payment type.
- Click Save to finish.
Step three: enable recurring payments
To enable recurring payments for tuition and fees:
- Go to Financial > Settings > Online Payments.
- Scroll down to the enable recurring payments setting.
- Check yes.
- (Optional): enter the text of the email you'd like sent every time the recurring payment is charged.
- Scroll back up and click Save Settings.