Here's how you refund a student's credit balance.
- All refunds take place on a student's Profile > Financial > Dashboard view.
- Your refund type options depend on what you have selected in the Aid refund policy setting in Financial Aid > Settings.
- You can refund unapplied credits, unapplied payments, and unapplied aid payments that permit refunds to students (like Pell Grants). Before refunding financial aid to a student, make sure that such refunds are permitted.
- Financial aid refunds to the student use the workflow described here. Aid refunds to source require the workflow described in this article.
Refunding a credit balance
You may issue a refund when the student has an unapplied payment, credit, or aid payment.
- Go to the student's Profile > Financial > Dashboard view.
- Click Refund Credit Balance.
- Enter the posted date.
- Select the refund source. Your options here depend on what you selected in the Aid Refund Policy setting in Financial Aid > Settings. You can also select from individual award types.
- Enter the amount. You cannot refund more than what is shown in the Max Refund amount below this field.
- Who will this be paid to? If you select other person or organization, begin typing a name and choose from the results.
- Select the method and enter an optional reference #.
- Select the Asset Account you want this payment to credit.
- Click Save to finish recording the refund.
Depending on your selection for the Refund Source field:
- If you selected All sources or Payments/Credits (non-aid), the refund will post as a Customer Refund transaction.
- If you selected one of the Aid sources, the refund will post as an Aid Refund transaction.