If you set up online payments through Populi, your can accept payments for tuition, fees, books, applications, and donations via credit card and electronic check/ACH. Populi works with two payment processors:
- Stripe is a complete payment solution, serving as both merchant account and payment gateway. It takes around five minutes to set up a new Stripe account and connect it with Populi. Its pricing is better than just about anything out there—and it has no setup, monthly, or card storage fees. All things considered, we think Stripe is the best option for Populi customers.
- Authorize.net provides an assortment of payment services.
- Their gateway/merchant account solution is comparable to Stripe (both features and price), but includes some extra fees.
- Their payment gateway works with almost every merchant account out there. If you wish to keep your existing merchant account (or open a new one) Authorize.net's payment gateway will (probably) let you do that.
- Non-profit institutions can get discounted pricing for Authorize.net by signing up for it through Moolah.
Start by going to Financial > Settings > Online Payments. After filling in those settings, you'll go to Settings > Payment Gateways to set up your Stripe account or connect your Authorize.net account to Populi.