Library patrons are people to whom you can check out resources. On their own, they are able to search for resources, place holds, and leave reviews and recommendations.
- Staff, faculty, and students automatically have patron privileges in your library.
- If you wish to extend patron privileges to someone in your system who is not staff, faculty, or a student (such as an alum), you can give her the Library Patron role.
- If someone is not already in your system, you can also create a new patron. Click Add a new patron; the form works just like adding a new person(except for user roles and tags).
- Any online visitor can browse your library catalog by going to
Library > Patrons
The Patrons report includes all staff, faculty, students, and patrons in your library.
- Search for individual patrons by typing a name in the search field.
- Use the drop-down to show patrons with resources, overdue resources, or unpaid fines.
- Use the links to email, text, or export a spreadsheet of the patrons returned by your filter.
Every patron has a profile that shows their library-related activity.
- You can export a PDF of the patron's library card.
- View the patron's reviews and recommendations under the Reviews tab.
- Loans shows you anything the patron has ever checked out—use the filter to see what's on loan, what's been returned, and what has unpaid fines.
- Holds only lists current holds. If need be, you can click the link to cancel the hold.
If a patron has fines, you can waive them, record the payment, or use some combination of the two.
- To waive a fine, click the Waive... link next to the overdue/lost resource under Loans.
- To collect a fine, click Record a payment under Summary.
- Enter the amount the patron is paying. If the patron has $4.25 in fines and pays with a $10 bill, enter 10 to calculate the change due.
- Where are you collecting this money? Select from your Libraries.
Finally, click Save.