The Course > Info view displays general catalog information and settings for your course. Most of the course settings are inherited from the course catalog and so can only be changed by the registrar. But you have free rein over certain settings and items like supplies, links, reading list, and so on. Your course has other areas where you can add content—for example, you can add links to lessons—so use these items to supplement what you make available to your students in other parts of the course.
To get started, find your course and click Info. You can get to your courses a few different ways:
- Type the course name or abbreviation in Search and click the result shown under Courses.
- On your Populi Home page, look at the My Courses panel. Current Courses shows you courses currently in session; use the drop-down to find courses from different academic terms.
- On My Profile > Faculty, you'll find a more detailed version of My Courses. Again, use the drop-down to select Current Courses or courses from a specific term.
Once on the Info view, you can make the following changes by clicking the field name:
- Write or edit the course description.
- Change the Progress and Student Access settings.
- Add/edit supplies, links, reading list, and files.
- Clone or sync course content (see below).
Cloning and syncing
There are a couple other ways to add content to your course, both of which are controlled using options on the Info view.
- Cloning copies content from past courses into your course. You can then edit any of the items you import using the clone feature.
- Syncing shares content among different sections of the same course in the same term.
If your course is already synced with another course section, then you cannot use the clone feature. You can, however, clone first and then sync course sections.