When an Undergraduate student takes out a PLUS Loan, the borrower will be someone other than the student—typically a parent. You'll need to link that loan to the parent directly (Grad PLUS loans are normally linked to the student herself). If you haven't entered a borrower on the award for a PLUS award, you'll receive a notification: PLUS awards must be linked to a borrower." Until you link the award to a borrower, you will not be able to sync the award to COD.
Here's how to resolve this:
- If the borrower is not the student, you'll want to make sure that the borrower has already been added as a person in Populi. Make sure to include details like address and SSN!
- Go to the student's Profile > Financial > Financial Aid view and select the pertinent award year.
- Below the award and disbursements, click Edit Award.
- Click the Borrower field.
- Start typing the borrower's name and select him from the list of results.
- Finally, click Save.
Once you've added the borrower, the error message about linking to a borrower will disappear. You'll be that much closer to having a syncable award!