Features & Improvements
You can now have multiple active sessions across multiple devices. That is, if you want to be logged-in to Populi on both your work laptop and your iPad at the same time, you can do that now! Learn more under "Recognized Devices" in this article; now's as good a time as any to remind you about protecting your user account.
Now when you scan a copy barcode in Library, it takes you to the copy page instead of the resource page, which is a considerable improvement, wouldn't you say?
Finalized incomplete students were unable to take tests, which is all any finalized incomplete student wants to do, right? We fixed that up for ya.
If a student only has grades in extra credit assignments, we now no longer display their in-progress final grade to them, for lo, such a thing would be profoundly misleading.
Fixed a sorting issue with disbursement batches (they'd go 5,4,3,29,28,27, etc.). It was a disgusting travesty and we're so glad that's behind us now.
We were syncing the various assignment dates between sections (availability, due dates) and our most sync-happy users were deeply unhappy about this.
If you delete a course in Populi, we now also don't mention it in any of the Canvas API calls, freeing you up to manually delete the worthless old hunk of bytes in Canvas.
Apparently we let you create 0-point tests, and apparently there's some behind-the-scenes coefficient magic that allocates those non-existent points to the various test questions. However, if you later gave that test some points we would not include the last question on such tests in the "points" allocation, and thus the question could not be graded. We've fixed some obscure issues before, but this one is kinda outta hand.
Fixed a course alerts issue that would alert students to take a test that was locked up in a lesson. We can be so cruel sometimes. And sometimes we can ameliorate our cruelty with acts of bugfixing kindness. The line between good and evil, to abbreviate Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, cuts through the heart of every human being.
Exporting labels from Library > Browse Resources would sometimes spit out bad information for the
PRIMARY_AUTHOR_LAST_NAME_FIRST_THREE variable. Well, at least it didn't, like, make your computer catch fire, man.