Here's a look at Populi's texting features and common questions users have about receiving text notifications.
Who can receive a text message from my school's Populi account?
When you send a text in Populi, it will be delivered to active users with a verified texting number. These articles describe how users can set up a texting number and how to update it (and how you can help update it for them):
- How to Receive Text Notifications From Your School: This article describes how users can verify their texting number in Populi.
- How do I change my texting number?: If a user needs to enter and verify a new texting number, this article provides instructions.
- How do I reset someone's text number?: If your school requires login approvals, Populi sends users a login code via text. But if the user has a new phone number, she might not receive that text. This article describes how to reset her texting number in this situation.
- My verification code was sent to my old phone. How can I send it to my new phone number?: A similar issue to the previous one: phone numbers change all the time. Here's the quickest way for a user to update Populi when that happens.
Users who do not have a verified texting number will not receive texts from your school. Generally, Populi will send such people an email instead.
Where can I send texts in Populi?
Like email, texting is available all over Populi. The three basic areas where you can send texts are:
- Communications > Campus Notifications lets you text your entire school—staff, faculty, and students. It also lets you set up preset messages for regular communications.
- On nearly every report, you'll find an Actions menu with options like Text Students or Text Donors, etc. This lets you send a text to the group of people shown on the report at the time (this action respects your filter conditions).
- On each individual profile, you'll see a Send Text option (provided the person has a verified text number).