When grading essay- and file-type assignments, you can use the document viewer's annotation tools to leave notes right on the submission.
- Go to the assignment's page. If it's an essay assignment, you'll see the student's submission right on the page. If it's a file assignment, click the file name to open it in the document viewer.
- Click to start annotating.
- Click and drag over the text you'd like to annotate or click a point; enter your comments and click Save.
- Repeat these steps as often as you need.
- To edit or delete an annotation, click the highlight to open the annotation dialog.
- When you're finished annotating, click .
- Hide/show annotation highlights by clicking /.
As soon as you save an annotation, the student will be able to see it when he logs in and views that assignment submission.