Getting started with your Populi courses
- Introduction to Populi courses
- Step one: review the items on the course Settings view
- Step two: set up assignments
- Step three: create lessons and discussions
- Step four: set up your online tests
- Final steps: enter final grades and finalize your course
Conducting your courses
- Using the kiosk mode to take attendance
- Using the Student View in your course
- Using Conferences in your Course
- Taking attendance with Populi's mobile apps
- Pass/Fail Assignments
- Using annotations when grading essay and file assignments
- Duplicating assignments
- Introduction to assignments and assignment groups
- Creating new assignments
- Grading and interacting with student assignments
- Getting started with tests
- How to create a test with open-ended availability
- Designing your test
- How to create a new test question
- Three ways to include existing questions in a new test
- How to edit question points
- How to put gated lessons in order
- How to use auto-embeds and iframes in lessons
- How to embed audio, video, and other kinds of files in a lesson
- How to edit lessons
- How to use LTI links in Lessons
- How to design a Lesson with content, assignments, discussions, files, and links
- How to set up auto-grading for graded discussions
- How to grade comments, replies, and discussions
- How to handle reported comments
- Managing grading requirements and settings for your graded discussion
- Publishing and managing settings for your course discussion
- Adding a new discussion to your course
- How do I drop the lowest-graded assignment from my course?
- How do I email my students?
- How do I factor course attendance into the final grade?
- What can auditors see and do in courses?
- Why can't my students see their Assignment grades?
- Where do I finalize my course? And can I unfinalize it?