There are three ways to take attendance for Populi courses (if you're looking to record online course participation, have a look at this article):
- Your course Attendance view, which is covered in this article
- Using Populi's mobile apps(iOS or Android)
- Letting students check in using the attendance kiosk.
You can use course attendance to affect a student's grade:
- You can factor attendance into the student's final course grade.
- If your school has a failure-for-non-attendance policy, the student's attendance grade (described in the above-linked article) will be used to calculate whether the student receives a failing grade for non-attendance (their assignment grades notwithstanding).
Course > Attendance
The Attendance calendar shows all of your course meeting times and any additional events you've added to your course calendar.
- Purple Attendance blocks indicate that you haven't taken attendance for that meeting time.
- Blue Attendance blocks indicate that you have taken attendance for that meeting time.
- Each blue block shows attendance stats:
- P: Students marked present
- T: Tardy
- A: Absent
- E: Excused
- You can select individual students from the drop-down to show only their stats in the calendar.
To take attendance:
- Click an attendance block.
- Next to each student, select the appropriate attendance status. You can also leave an attendance note.
- When you're done, click Save.
After taking attendance, you can return to the same attendance event at any time to edit the records or even delete the records you entered.