You have two options for taking Attendance: your course's Attendance tab and—if you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)—the Populi app.
If you want to factor attendance into the final course grade, read about how to do that.
Click Attendance to see the attendance calendar.
- Course meeting times display as blocks (if there are no blocks, chances are no one has yet entered Meeting Times for your course).
- Purple Attendance blocks indicate that you haven't taken attendance for that meeting time.
- Blue Attendance blocks indicate that you have taken attendance for that meeting time.
- Each block shows attendance stats: P (present), T (tardy), and A (Absent/Excused), together with the number of students in each category.
- Once you have taken attendance, you may select individual students from the “drop-down to see (and update) their records.
Click an attendance block. You'll go to the attendance page for that meeting time.
- Set each student's attendance status; if you skip over any students, they'll be marked as Present (the default).
- Make sure you click Save when you're finished.
- When you finalize the course, attendance records will be locked and the calendar will only show blocks from the meeting times in which you took attendance.
Taking Attendance with your iPhone
Taking attendance with the iPhone app is really simple:
- Tap Academics button and locate the course in My Courses
- Select a meeting time from the list, and select P, T, or A for each student