The Student role enables Populi to track academic information for a person. The role lets a person enroll in or audit courses and triggers Populi to begin recording their academic history.
Setting up student users
To get your students ready to use Populi...
- Find the person who needs the student role. If you can't find him, you may need to add a new person.
- Follow the instructions in this article to add the Student role to the user. When you do this, you'll see the Student tab on his profile.
- On his Profile > Info tab, make sure you have a valid email address entered for him.
- Grant him user access to Populi.
If we imported your legacy academic data, look over some of the students we imported for you to get a sense of how a detailed student profile will look when you're fully up-and-running.
Enrolling students in courses
There are three ways you can enroll students in courses:
- Set up online enrollment. This lets students register themselves; Registrars, Academic Admins, and Advisors can also register students using this means. Online enrollment respects prerequisites, waiting lists, and registration locks.
- On the student's profile, you can edit his courses for any academic term. This method lets you work around prereqs, waiting lists, and account locks.
- On the course roster, you can add students one at a time or several at a time.