Awards encompasses three aspects of financial aid awards:
- Awards reports on financial aid for a given aid year. It considers awards in their entirety—that is, the total amount of an individual award given to a student as opposed to individual disbursements of that award.
- Disbursements provides details on individual disbursements scheduled for a particular timeframe. It considers awards in terms of when the disbursement actually posts to a student's account (whether it already has or it is scheduled to do so).
- Disbursement Batches gives you a workflow that creates and runs disbursements. The other two reports describe the details of the financial aid; here you'll find the tool that lets you apply it to your students' accounts.
Awards lists all aid awards connected to a given aid year.
When viewing the report, keep in mind that the U.S. Federal aid year runs from July 1 to June 30. We have hard-coded this into how Populi handles Financial Aid. So, for example, if a student applies for the 2016-2017 Aid Year, he's applying for Aid that he'd get between July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. For Canadian schools, we can set up custom Aid Years if so desired.
Press the appropriate button to perform any of the following actions:
- Print Award Letters: Select an award letter page layout, and then choose whether to export a PDF or send an .ODT file to your print queue.
- Email Students: Send an email to the students shown on the table. This button respects any filters you've applied to the report.
- Export Awards: Creates a spreadsheet showing all the awards in the report. This button is also filter-sensitive.
By Award vs. By Student
You can toggle between showing the report By Award or By Student.
By Award shows all awards for every student. Students appear once for every award, regardless of status. If John Adams has an Institutional Scholarship in Setup, two accepted Stafford Loans, and has declined an Unsubsidized Loan, he'll appear on the report four times.
By Student gives you totals for each student with any kind of award attached to their account.
Disbursements shows all disbursements and refunds* for a given timeframe. Use the Filter to show different timeframes, awards, and more.
*If you've enabled the Allow Student Billing users to refund aid credit balances setting, this report will only show refunds to source.
Disbursement batches lets you start new disbursement batches, resume in-progress batches, and view past batches.