In this article, you'll learn how to set up recurring payments. (If you want to set up recurring donations, read this article.)
Step one: set up a payment gateway
If you need more detailed instructions for this step, have a look at this article.
- Go to Financial > Settings > Payment Gateways.
- Click Add a payment gateway.
- Select a provider.
- If you select Stripe, click Connect to Stripe. Fill in the signup form (or log in with an existing Stripe account). Once you save, it will automatically connect to Populi.
- If you select Authorize.net, enter the Login and Transaction Key they sent you after your account was approved. You may also need to enable the Customer Information Manager feature in the Authorize.net account management dashboard if it is not already enabled by default.
Step two: select your gateway Uses
Under __ Transactions, you can specify which payment gateway you wish to use for different kinds of online payments.
- Click the Tuition & Fees use name to select a gateway for it .
- Select the gateway you wish to use for each payment type.
- Click Save to finish.
Step three: enable recurring payments
To enable recurring payments for tuition and fees:
- Go to Financial > Settings > Online Payments.
- Scroll down to the Recurring Payments setting.
- Select the recurring payments option you wish to enable:
- Simple lets payers make monthly fixed-amount recurring payments.
- Plan lets payers set up automatic payments determined by their payment plan.