In this article, you'll learn how to add the three kinds of test elements: headings, text, and questions.
- After setting up your test, click its name in the Tests view of your course.
- Each test has three views: Design, Preview, and History. You will rightly surmise that test design occurs in the Design view.
- To get started, click to add one of the three elements.
- You can also import test sections from another section or term of this course, or from any other course for which you are listed as faculty.
Headings & Text
Headings separate your test into different sections. For example: Essay Questions, Extra Credit, Hamlet, King Lear, etc. Text blocks help you provide explanation or context for your questions. For example, you might use one to sketch out a scenario to which the next few questions refer.
Adding these elements is excruciatingly difficult:
- Click Add Heading or Add Text.
- Enter the text.
- Click Save
Questions are a combination of the question and its answers/options. When you create a question, it is then available...
- For use in the same course in future terms
- In other sections of that same course
- If enabled (by an Academic Admin), to be shared with other courses
You have a lot of options when adding questions to a test. In any case, you start by clicking Add Question.
Choose how you would like to add the question. You have four options:
- Create a new question (if you're new to tests, have a look at this article to learn about all the options available for test questions)
- Create a new question based on an existing question
- Import an existing question
- Add a group of questions from a category