Security settings lets you manage access to sensitive items in Populi. Whenever you update these settings, scroll back to the top of the screen and click Save Settings.
Allow all users to upload their own ID photos
Select Yes to allow anyone with a Populi user account to upload her own ID photo on her Profile. Select No to restrict this ability to users with the Staff or Faculty role. Staff users will be able to manage ID photos for all people—students, leads, others—whether you select Yes or No.
Make new contact information private by default
Select Yes to set all new contact information to Private. Select No to set such to Public. In either case, Staff users can manage privacy settings for any individual piece of contact information. Private contact information is visible only to Staff users.
Social Security Numbers may be accessed by:
Academic Admins can enter, view, update, and export full, unmasked Social Security Numbers and Social Insurance Numbers (Staff users can enter them initially, but cannot view them afterwards). Check to extend this access to SSN/SIN to Financial Admin, Financial Aid, Registrar, or Staff users.
Allow the Academic Auditor role to view course evaluations
Check whether you wish to permit Academic Auditors to be able to view and export course evaluations.
Populi account administrator(s)
The people listed here have access to all of your school's Populi account settings, as well as the Reporting and Invoices/Payments views.
- Search for Staff users to add a new account administrator.
- Click to remove someone from this list.
Login approval is a security measure that helps protect individual Populi user accounts. Here's how it works:
- A user has a verified text messaging number.
- He logs in to Populi in a new browser or using a new device (phone, iPad, a new computer, etc.).
- Populi sends a one-time use passcode to his mobile phone.
- He enters the code to finish logging in.
- That device (or browser) is now "recognized"; recognized devices do not require a passcode for future logins.
Login approval guards against unauthorized access to Populi by requiring that the person logging in have the username, password, and the mobile phone to which the passcode is sent.
These settings let you allow or require people with certain user roles to use login approval for their Populi account.
- If Allowed, users with that role have the option of using login approval, but can also opt to not use it.
- If Required, all users with that role must use login approval.
- If neither is checked, users with that role log in with only a username and password.
To change the login approval settings for a given user role:
- Check allowed or required next to the roles you'd like to update.
- Scroll to the top of the settings page and click Save Settings.
- As soon as you do this:
- Anyone without a verified number will receive an email asking them to set one up.
- All approved devices for users required to use login approvals will be removed. They will be added back in as those users log in using the new passcode system.
- The next time someone whose role requires login approval tries to log in on any browser or device, Populi will automatically send a passcode to her mobile phone; she'll need to enter it in order to log in.
- Users whose roles allow login approval can enable it in their own personal Populi settings.