Test proctoring lets you require your students to take tests with an observer present as a guard against cheating. Here's how it works:
- You set up your test to require proctoring.
- You can also add an exception to an unproctored test to require proctoring for a specific student.
- Academic Admins can also be required by the registrar to be proctored for all tests.
- If the test is password-protected, Populi will send the proctor the password as well.
There are two ways to require proctoring for all students who take a particular test:
When setting up the assignment
When you're adding the new test assignment, check the box in the Add Assignment dialog next to Require proctoring.
In an existing test's Information panel
- Go to the test's Design view:
- In the main Course > Tests view, click the test's name. You'll land on the test's Design view.
- Or, on the assignment page associated with the test, click the test's name, which takes you to the Design view.
- In the Information panel in the right column, click the Proctored setting name.
- Check Yes.
- Click Save.
Proctoring for individual students
To require proctoring for an individual student on an otherwise unproctored test, add a proctoring exception for that student.