Syncing shares content among different sections of the same course in the same term. (As distinguished from cloning, which lets you copy course content from one course to another.)
- Go to the Course > Settings view.
- Click Sync.
- Check to confirm.
- Click Save to finish.
- Repeat these steps for each course section you wish to sync.
Stuff worth remembering about syncing...
- Any changes made to the content in one synced section affects all of the other synced sections!
- Populi syncs all course content—files, supplies, reading list, assignments, lessons, and tests (there's no picking-and-choosing as with cloning).
- Synced tests only sync the assignment and test name. You will need to import questions into the synced version of those tests.
- Synced discussions only sync the discussion title and topic.
- Syncing does not affect rosters, grades, attendance, faculty, or schedules.
- It only works with sections of the same course (i.e. MATH101 won't sync with MATH102).
- If one section of a course is cross-listed, it cannot be synced with the other sections.
- If you sync courses after grades have been entered, you will lose those grades. If you're gonna sync courses, do so at the beginning of the term, and not the end!