In this article, you'll learn how to use the password option on tests to restrict test access to students.
- Before starting the test, students must enter the correct password. Without the password, they simply can't start the test.
- If a student must be proctored, the password will be sent to the proctor when the test is available. The proctor can then provide it to the student or enter it himself.
- Among other situations, test passwords can help you administrate tests taken in a particular location. For example, you could announce the password at the beginning of the class—any student not present will need to make other arrangements to take the test.
When adding a new test assignment, you can add a password restriction.
- Follow the instructions for setting up a test assignment.
- Under Restrictions, check next to Require password.
- Enter the password.
- When you're done, click Save.
To view or change the test password:
- Go to the test's Design view.
- In the Information column on the right, click Password.
- In the dialog, you can copy the password to send to your students or change it.