In this article, you'll learn how to re-assign an inactive username to a new user account. To do this, you must be a Populi Account Administrator for your school.
Username already taken
When setting up a new user account for someone at your school, you may bump into a message like this:
- The message links to the profile to which the username is already assigned.
- Click the name to view the profile in a new browser tab.
- If the user account is still active...
- You may need to assign an all-new username for the new account.
- If the profile belongs to someone who no longer uses Populi, you'll need to deactivate the user account before re-assigning the username.
How to free up a username
To free up a username, the user account must be deactivated and the deleted username flagged as ready to be re-used.
Deactivating the user account
Any Staff user can deactivate a user account; however, user accounts for Account Admins and Billing Contacts cannot be deactivated unless they're removed from those positions.
- Click and select Edit user.
- In the dialog, select Not a user.
- Confirm your choice and click Save.
Reassigning a username
Only a Populi Account Administrator can perform this action.
- Click .
- Select Allow deleted username to be re-assigned.
- Confirm your choice and click OK.
After performing these steps, you can assign that username to the new user account.