In this article, you'll learn how to handle the movement of resources amongst your libraries.
See this article for Circulation-related workflows for checking resources in and out of your library.
Start at the Pull List
Transits (including inter-library loans) begin at the Pull List. When a patron places a hold on a copy or library staff changes the home location of a copy to a different library location, it goes to the Pull List.
- Select a library from the drop-down.
- Scan the resources you've pulled or check the box next to the call number. This changes the copy's status to Awaiting Transit.
2. Go to Circulation > Transits: As you scan Resources from the Pull List, they move over to the Transits report in Circulation.
- Use the drop-downs to see copies that are scheduled to depart or arrive at a particular library location.
- When you're ready to send them out the door, scan the departing copies (or click mark departed). You'll see these when you select Currently in transit(as well as Scheduled to arrive at).
3. Check in arriving resources at the destination library: As soon as they're checked in, they're available for checkout (loan policies permitting) from this library by your patrons.
The Circulation view includes a group of reports and tools which help you keep an eye on your resources and make sure they're where they need to be.
- Active Loans: Shows all resources currently checked out to patrons.
- Transits: Shows resources awaiting transit or in transit.
- Holds: Shows resources placed on hold. Select from the three hold statuses and any Library locations to see what's going on at each Library. Cancel a hold by clicking .
- Expired Holds: Shows the expired and cancelled holds at each Library. Scan them as you reshelve them to make them available to your patrons.
- Reporting: A number of circulation-related reports from different perspectives.
- Enter start and end dates in the time period, then select how you'd like to see the information display (By loan, By patron, etc.).
- Click Export XLS to create a spreadsheet of the report.